Pretend that the President of CSUN asked you to create and distribute a survey to CSUN undergraduate students. She is interested in how student demographics and background factors (independent variables) impact their satisfaction with various educational, academic support services, and non-academic services provided by the university (dependent variables).
• Clearly print instructions on the survey, the purpose of the survey, a guarantee of confidentiality.
• Each question should be numbered
• All of the questions should be closed-ended. A limited number of partially open-ended (ex. Race/Ethnicity) can be used. The one open ended question you can have is student major.
• While some Yes/No questions are fine, try not to use too many and instead provide more response categories in order to collect better data.
• Always end the survey with “Thank you for your participation”
• The survey should be 2-3 pages long.
Part I of the Survey: Start off by asking demographic and background questions and list response categories vertically. For example:
1. Class Standing
Part II of the Survey: Create a scale that asks students about their level of satisfaction with various aspects of the educational, academic support services, and non-academic services provided by the university. For example:
Ability to enroll in classes you need for your major.